If you have bought or have looked into buying a personalised registration plate you’ll know that the prices can go from a few hundred pounds to thousands. Recently the owner of the UK’s most expensive number plate has put his up for sale for 10 million pounds! We thought it would be interesting to take a look at the top 5 most expensive plates sold in the U.K.
5) VIP 1 – £285,000 The registration plate ‘VIP 1’ was bought by the owner of Chelsea football club (Roman Abromavich) in 2006 and is currently sitting on his Bugatti Veyron.
4) M1 – £331,500 M1 was also bought in 2006 by businessman called Mike Coomb. According to Publicly data the plate is currently on a white Mercedes SL 63 AMG.
3) 1D – £352.411 No this does not represent ‘1 Direction’ however I’m surprised it hasn’t been bought by a 1 Direction fan. (that’s if they were old enough to buy a car in the first place that is) This registration plate was bought at an auction in 2009 by Nabil Bishara to go on his wife’s Bentley.
2) S1 – £397,500 S1 was the first ever number plate to be issued in Scotland and was sold in 2008 to an anonymous buyer.
1) F1 – £440,000 This number plate was bought in 2008 by Afzal Kahn to go on his Bugatti Veyron which still holds the record. However Afzal has recently put his ‘F1’ plate up for sale for more than £10 million! The world’s most expensive plate ‘1’ was bought by Saeed Khouri for £14 million.