The DVLA have released their top 10 of excuses for not having their vehicle taxed, some interesting and creative ones below!
On the positive side they say now 99% of vehicles are taxed or declared off the road.
- My accountant told me I’m due a tax rebate so I didn’t think I needed to pay again this year.
- I was on my way to the Post Office to tax the car and called into the betting shop – there was a horse running at Doncaster called ‘Don’t Do It’ so I bet on that with my car tax money instead – it lost.
- My mate said that if the cost of the tax is more than what the car is worth you haven’t got to pay it – it’s not, so I didn’t.
- I fell out of a tree picking plums and broke both my arms.
- I took too much Viagra and couldn’t leave the house.
- I’d forgotten the motorbike was in my garage – it was hidden behind the BBQ so it’s not my fault.
- I had man flu and couldn’t go to the Post Office.
- I’ve been out of the country for four months and I forgot where I parked my car.
- My dog ate the reminder.
- My reminder on my phone didn’t work so it’s not my fault